Friday, July 27, 2012

Shingles

Woke up by the parcel form FM. Fedex had me pay just under $37. That was ridiculous! My purchase was just under $76 and after shipping, total went over $111! And now an extra $37?!?!?! But I had no choice but to pay. After a closer look, custom is actually less than $4. The rest is Fedex fees. F%*^$%# them!!!!!!!! OMG I still have one more parcel coming!!!!! (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T)

Back to the shingles. Took mom back to see our family doctor for a fallow-up. No new medicine, only the usual osteoporosis drug. After we ate out near home, mom needed to stop at the bank to pay for some bills. I went with her and saw... a guy with a really fake beard standing at the counter talking to the teller. Then I saw him putting away a gun... a fake-looking gun. Hmm... it was almost comical and I didn't want to believe it was real. Just in case, I went outside to make a call. (If the situation was more threatening, I would have grabbed mom and run. It seemed fine to leave her taking care of her business.) The process was pretty slow. The guy exited, and the bank staff locked the front door. OK, then, it was real. By coincident, uncle and aunt Y came to the bank while the cops were taking statements. Wasted about 30-40 minutes. After a quick washroom visit, I rushed to my chiropractor appointment. The receptionist said lots of their patients work at banks, and from their first-hand experience, robberies are actually very common. Yikes!!!!!

No comments: