Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dream

I was with my brother's gang (less my nieces) in a huge household watching some kind of video. It showed the lives of some criminals. Had they been born in a rural farming area, their lives would have been "normal". (Getting a driver's license at 16, helping out on the farm, graduating from high school etc.) Then the video finished.

I was "organizing" some pieces of cardboard and styrofoam on a bookcase. The lady who showed us the video was some kind of teacher or private tutor. We sat down in a living room and had a talk. She sat to my left and somehow held and stroke my left arm. I shot 5 feet up in the air and landed right back in my chair. Everyone was shocked and looked at me with the widest eyes. I was shocked too, but more like, oops, my secret was busted. Somehow in the dream, my hypersensitiveness send me up the air a lot. I apologized for being like that. The chair was one of those metal fold-up chairs and was hard. My butt hurt.

Then the teacher started talking about designing a hotel high-rise and we should all draw. The style was decided to be "goth Victorian". Was it "form from form"? Brother was holding a picture of a 3-drawer metal filing cabinet. She started drawing from it, starting from the surrounding buildings and then top of the hotel, and incorporating elements of the filing cabinet. I was searching through some thick books for pictures.

Then came bed time. The lady of the house and her husband showed up to greet us good night. They just came back from a trip. She apologized for any "strange noise" they might make at night. We then went back to our rooms.

The household was set up like a hotel. Down the hallway, there were 3 rooms for us, but we didn't use them all. Somehow we had slept there the night before ready. Brother wasn't there and I went in the middle room with sis-in-law. And somehow I was sleeping in the same bed with her the previous night.

I needed soap... which in the dream, was presented to me earlier but I either didn't take or misplaced it. It was a small hotel size soap in the shape of a cute Hello Kitty type character bunny. It was translucent raspberry. (The "character" part could be from a Miku ice tray, the bunny could be from the ring I broke.) So, I went back outside to look for soap.

I went downstairs to the other bathrooms and laundry room. The walls were old-style wood panels. As I entered the stairs, one of the Lady's sons noticed and followed me, probably to keep an eye on me. I must have looked suspicious to him. When I was half way down, there were more guests coming in. 4 or 5? They went down the hallway pass the laundry room.

Right there in front of the laundry room, there were a line of 3 bathroom sinks, even with toothbrushes in cups. It looked promising so I approached and start looking for soap. Then, my phone rang. I woke up. It was A.

Rarely do I remember so much of a dream. But it might have been a REM dream because I felt grumpy all day long.

No comments: