Saturday, January 29, 2011

Richmond

I think I only got 1 hour of sleep. Between 10 and 1, I got... must have gotten 4 calls. Dose off a little, and woken by the calls. Worse than a work day.

Haven't seen J and M since summer. Met their friends C and H. We had some pretty intense otaku talks, haha... We set up lunch late at 2 because M had to go to a class, and couldn't join us until even later. An hour into our "lunch", M called saying she was nearby and would arrive soon. Than after another half-hour, she called again. This time... she had an accident! She rear-ended a Chinese family's car right outside the mall at slow speed. Took a while to settle things down because of language barrier, and M's car is from the States. Luckily J had experience in accidents and the necessary steps taken. I didn't realize it until just now, that the scratches on the other car's bumper were on the under side. I have a hard time picturing the crash causing such damages. I hope they were not trying to take advantage of M.

We ended up leaving the restaurant although M did not eat any dim sum. The next stop was C's paradise game arcade. They had a table reserved at a downtown restaurant for dinner, and invited me and A too. Too bad the house was full and we couldn't get a larger table. So I decided not to join them for dinner and eat with A and S instead.

We parted into 2 groups, with C and H stayed for a little bit more games and then go back to the hotel before walking to the restaurant. I took J and M to Aberdeen. I haven't been there for a while and geeze... the shops were shuffled again! There was a Chinese new year sidewalk fair and lots to see. We ran out of time so I took them back to their car. I should go back another day as I saw something I want to buy.

The radio was full of news of accidents. I was forced to take a longer route. (Which I found out it may not have been necessary because those reports were not accurate.) By the time I reached A, it was 7:20. I originally said between 6:30 and 7:00. Sorry I was late... A canceled with S. He's so singled minded. If he couldn't eat at a certain place near S, he'd rather not go. If he had told S to meet at his place, I could have picked them up both at the same time, and ate nearby. Does he think I have unlimited energy? Does he think I don't get tired driving? Going from Richmond to Vancouver than New West is a super long drive!

So I ended up eating pizza with A alone. He might meet S for lunch tomorrow. I might join them. Nothing's set solid, though. Then I chatted with M a bit online, and we might meet tomorrow too. All depends on whether J is free or not. We'll see. One thing I know for sure, is I won't be getting enough sleep again. I have a headache right now. No kidding...

The e-bay used and incomplete Pinkys arrived. Thanks A! Those are perfect for customizing.

No comments: