Friday, January 07, 2011

Water pipe broke

(These photos were taken after the cleanup was finished.) The water pipes under the kitchen sink broke. Both hot and cold pipes were spraying. Luckily mom was reading newspaper in the kitchen and caught it right away. However, panicking, it still took us 10 minutes to turn off the water supply. I just got up and was about to take a shower before going to my chiropractor's appointment. First, dad was hording the washroom. Second, there was no longer any water. OK there was still what was left in the tank. But mom was afraid that draining the tank may hurt it, so I pretty much washed my face and had a wipe-down with one single basin of cold water. With the vampire around, it was not good. (T_T) After mopping the floor dry, I noticed the amount of water didn't add up. Why? It all went downstairs and soaked the storage room. (T_T) Smelled very moldy and unrefreshed. (T_T)

Of course I was late for my appointment... for almost half-an-hour. Grabbed a bun as brunch and ate it in the car, then brushed my teeth at the clinic. I've never had such a bad routine fail. Nevertheless, I managed to be somewhat clean, and did not go hungry.

The handyman came before I left the house. He then went to pick up parts for repair. By the time I went home, he was done, of course. He replaced the plastic pipes with metal ones. Hopefully it would last. And mom forgot to get him to look at the leaking bathtub faucet.

Got some more stuff from Michael's. Surprisingly, the Broadway branch wasn't as cleaned out as the others. On the other hand, the good stuff were gone at LD and nothing at all at SDM.

No comments: