Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Etsy rating system

3 more packages arrived, but one of them must be by registered mail and I got a pickup notice timed at 10:30. I slept in and mom must have gone out already. Need to go pick it up tomorrow at the post office.

Didn't notice an Etsy seller had left me neutral ratings. I don't want to waste time and energy on this, but he/she seems to believe I've got "free ones" and still not happy about 1 chipped cabochon. But that was 1 out of 6. Nope, I didn't receive any "free ones". I think I should at least make this clear. The order was exactly the quantity stated in the listing. At the same time, I bought 6 complete sets of chains with clasps, and 2 of them have sticky clasps that won't close properly. I also bought cabochon settings in the same order. Out of 3 items, 2 had problems. I could not say I was happy, and unable to leave positive rating for sure.

As I was busy for the craft fair, and immediately entered Christmas preparation mode afterward, I didn't leave feedback right away. All that time I've thinking whether I should leave a negative rating, or a neutral one.

It boils down to the meaning of the rating system. It's supposed to monitor quality, isn't it? I trusted it to be fair, and tried to be objective.
  • The cabochon bag did not contain any loose fragments, so it was already chipped when bagged instead of damaged during shipping.
  • 2 out of 3 items I ordered have problems.
  • It wasn't that cheap.
  • Perfection get positive rating for sure. If it's average, shouldn't it be one step down?
Based on these 4 reasons, I still didn't leave a negative rating. I think leaving a neutral one was already too kind. So, out of the 3, 1 got positive and 2 neutral.

However, today when I found out the seller had left me 3 neutral ratings, and what was said about me, I couldn't believe it. It seems that the rating system was used as a tool to revenge. "Shipped in Oct, received feeback in Dec saying 1 stone chipped. which one? The free ones? Poor communicator, I cannot fix problems I do not know about." He/she wants to "please" but now unhappy because I didn't give him/her a chance. And because I left a late feedback, I'm a bad costumer to him/her.

Anyway, Y's b-day gift is finished. So is J's thank-you gift. These were supposed to be mailed out early December. I suck. (T_T)

Eat-out day with brother's gang. We went to BJ's. That was my second time. The food wasn't that good, but it could be just what I ordered. (Shared a HK style set dinner with mom.)

Got home, felt asleep at the desk, and continue recording today's arrival. Now, I think I should deal with that Etsy seller. Don't like this kind of correspondence because I write slow. Too slow. Especially when it's something formal.

Again, did not research on nursing homes, did not clean up for the bookcase.

No comments: