Sunday, January 16, 2011

Last straw

(Picture was taken 2009 Nov and unrelated to subject.)
Just now, mom was beating up dad again. He did a series of screw-ups since morning. At breakfast time, he showed up completely naked. Aunt Y was at the table too. What happened was, after wetting 7 pairs of pants over the night, he totally wet the bed, including the blanket and his clothes. It had happened before that he took his pants off under the blanket when he wet his pants. But this time it was complete. He doesn't care if he's naked anymore. He has turn into a true animal.

Then mom washed the sheets and blanket and his clothes and everything. Told him to go pee downstairs before coming up. That was when I got up and saw him peeing standing up. So I reported it to mom. She went to take a look, and found him dumping peanut shells and his diaper into the toilet! I was already upstairs so I only heard noises. She was beating him up. He yelled "it hurt!" Because not only did he wet his pants again right there in front of the toilet, he was tearing them apart...! Sigh... After the commotion, mom came up and told me what happened this morning. After a while, dad came upstairs (lower) half naked.

Poor mom... she snapped. She told dad he should die, and asked him if he'd like to be buried or cremated. He of course didn't answer. I understand the stress on both side, but what am I to do? Nothing! I don't know what to do, or rather, what's the right thing to do.

Finally, this is the first time she said for sure that she wants him sent away to a nursing home. So I'll be looking into it and make some calls. It was around 12:30 PM, and mom still hasn't washed her face thanks to dad.

No comments: