Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Free courier

As an exception to the rule, I went to work today despite I was sent off by 1 to do a rush delivery. Lion's Gate was bad thanks to constructions. Downtown was bad too. I managed to hit the art gallery area which is also a slow construction (renovation) zone. Then 2 more street paving (?) near Granville Island. Sigh... took a whole hour to get there. Of course not paid for my time. Well, as far as she's concerned, it was "on my way" to my chiropractor. No, I didn't even try to claim it because I know she wouldn't give me any compensation, and it would then make me look very bad.

However, I did end up turning down the homework, and told my boss I'm not comfortable taking her keys home so I could go to work at 10 tomorrow while she'd be gone for a haircut. That whole thing of my making a mistake on my timesheet was brought up again. Yes, I cannot say no because I cannot trust myself not to make any mistake. But I did put in hours to complete stuff that she refused to pay me, for she accused me of doing stuff that she didn't ask for. But she did say I could "go ahead". She either forgot, or she was in another dimension when she said it. At the end, she got the stuff. I got no pay. Oh yes, I'm still mad. I'm waiting to see what Karma will do.

Yeah yeah yeah, I should work elsewhere. Don't think anyone would want a piece of damaged goods like me, though.

Got home, and mom came to tell me how aunt Y freaked her out this morning. They went out to shop at some neighbourhood stores and came back just before noon. Aunt Y was quiet sitting on the coach for too long until mom went to check on her. She said she couldn't breath and felt like a huge rock was pressing down on her chest. She was trying to take her own pulse but couldn't feeling any. Mom didn't want to call 911 because dad would be locked out when he comes back from daycare. (Which could be a really bad decision... sigh...) She took aunt Y's blood pressure and it was very low. Then aunt Y's church friend stopped by to take her home as originally planned. He knows some Chinese medicine and told her to drink some sugar water. It worked. However, if she goes back home, there's no one to look after her. So she stays. The original plan is for her to come back tomorrow anyway. Going home for just one night makes no sense.

The last Etsy order arrived, so did my new Pinkys. Still missing one because it was sold out when I ordered.

No comments: