Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dream

I was in a room with a bunch of other people. That whole place had cold matte dark-brown wood interior and a lighter and warmer tone exterior... and felt like a resort... S (HR at MFE) was presenting a promo video... or pilot film to us. It was MFE production... and the project was an upcoming CG remake of Snow White... focusing more on the 7 dwarfs. It was supposed to be a secret.

The scene switched a little. The place looked like another room in the same building. P and J were there too, so were a bunch of other younger student-looking people. I was trying to mingle... or start a conversation. Then one guy pointed out another guy to be a reboot fan, and we started talking about the show. They didn't know which year it started (which didn't make sense). I didn't have an answer either but I was confident that I knew. Didn't think I told them I worked on it, but they seemed to have figured it out. No one believed I was "that old".

The gathering finished, and people were leaving. S said to me that I'm welcomed to have a piece of cake (it seemed like a celebration of some sort) but it will cost me $1 since I don't work there (which means free for employees). Was it dinner time? People took food from a table (with a lady serving) and sat down elsewhere to eat. The containers they ate from were like... weird shape... like that Hello Kitty type Korean fat bunny character. The colour was translucent dark pink. (Funny... just like that piece of soap I was looking for in my dream yesterday.) Somehow I was outside walking along the side of the building. The feeling was not unlike Granville Island. Yes, it felt like some kind of resort, but it also felt so dark and heavy and suffocating.

The scene completely changed. I was in my room in my old flat. My right nostril was dry and almost bled. So I put some ointment and then stuffed a small emptied-out pill vial into it. To further protect from dryness, I put a few drops of water into the vial. (Against gravity?) Then I don't know how or why, 3 fat juicy green caterpillar appeared in the vial. I pulled one out with bare hands and it tore and died... at A's kitchen sink.

Then I "went back" to bed. It was dad's room in our old flat with the air conditioner where the hold family used to sleep. I was supposed to sleep on the floor, with a girl on each side. I think one of them was cousin F. The other had long hair and... could be her girl friend V. (Hmm...) One more caterpillar fell out and lost. The girls got up and help look for it. Then the other one fell out, and we noticed it's amazing camouflage ability. We lay out a few pieces of coloured fabric but the bug was pretty scared and didn't want to walk. It even bit V.

I decided to record this and grabbed my camera. The girls helped laying down a course of various colour and pattern fabric and paper. Some even had manga illustrations. The course was strangely in 3 rows, with the first 2 in u-shape on the bunk bed, and the furthest one on dad's bed completely separated. (The room's layout was door, bunk bed, space, dad's bed, wall.) I started with a preview of the course. First, a shot of the memory card I was using. (Which doesn't make sense because the card need to be in the camera!) Was it dad or uncle Y? A man came in and kept talking loud. I think he was whining about our video shoot. I couldn't narrate with his voice louder than mine. I asked him to shut up but of course he kept going. Sigh... I went through the course 4 times. None successful. We didn't even get to the point of having the caterpillar to walk.

I get the feeling that there were more, but can't remember.

No comments: