Friday, January 21, 2011

Ikea sucks (2)

Went to pick up Wednesday's parcel. It's the rings from China. The rabbit one was a bit too big so I was trying to bend it a little... and ... broke it. (T_T) (T_T) (T_T) (T_T)

Then before Ikea, stopped at Michael's of course. The Office Depot next door is having a close-out sale. Went to check it out, but the most discount is 30% off. Should check back every week. Wanted to get some white pearls at Michael's, but none has good enough quality. Yes they're natural fresh water pearls and have irregular shapes and sizes. But most of them are rough, very croaked, and simply ugly. Nevertheless picked up a white strand and a purple-tinted strand with much better quality. After chatting with the cashier, I might have been too late and the good pearls were sold out. Today is the last day of the extra 25% off coupon after all. At 65% off... I guess I can only blame myself for being late.

Then off to Ikea to solve the bookcase mystery. And... I lost. The display sample has raw top ends. I even asked a staff about it, and he say it's a low cost bookcase. OK... I'm stuck with this crappy bookcase because I only have 27" space.

Still haven't heard from boss. Finished J's glass ring pendent.

Dad's been "organizing" things again. He pulled out stuff from the stationary draws and lined them up on the counter. As usual, he horded the washroom for hours crapping, and afterward hunt for food like it's the end of the world. Mom is freaking out way too often. Sigh...

I've been wanting to turn this Alzheimer's dad experience into manga. But I always end up wasting too much time online searching for thing that would give me a laugh and cheer me up. I wonder if this idea would materialize before dad is sent away.

No comments: