Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cold? Flu?

I think I'm officially coming down with a cold or flu. Sore throat, headache, muscle ache, light headed, weak legs, a little bit dizzy.

A was ready to buy train tickets but I was confused about the dates. At the end, I had to add a day to my travel insurance. Thought I couldn't get that out of the way today, but P managed to make the changes in time and I was able to proceed.

Got carried away by K's mail and didn't go the the luggage repair shop until last minute. (Oh my screwed up sense of time!) Managed to step through their door 6 minutes before closing. That was too close. Nevertheless got A's strap looked at. The shop only offers one style of swivel clasps in bright gold and silver, which look so ugly on the bag. Knowing A probably won't like it, I took a picture without proceeding with the repair. Instead, I went ahead with my own cheap carry-on that cost 1000 yen in Ikebukuro. LD has one on sale for $20, which makes the $25 repair look stupid. But I don't want to create more garbage in this world, so I paid the $25. What I don't like is, they said they have to drill through the fabric. I fear it might fray.

Went to get travel insurance afterward. P was not there. The lady who was supposed to be in charge didn't have the document ready. Waited a bit, and when I was about to pay, I was shocked that P had chosen "cash" as my method. I know this way the shop saves a little, but is it right to force a customer to pay cash? Sorry, my cash is now reserved for buying US$ for the trip. So I had the lady change it to "visa". She had to void the original one, but that was not my problem. Wait... yes it was! I had to wait longer.

Then I couldn't resist stopping by DeSerres to see if anything else got further reduced. There was a little bit but not interested. I still ended up picking up more of those micro beads and tin cans.

The luggage repair shop said we can submit our own hardware and they can stitch them on for $7. So I went to Etsy and hunt down a close enough set of swivel clasps. Then I realized the exchange rate is good, and I kept on hunting for some of my own stuff. (Yup, made a few purchases.) At the end, failed to go to bed early despite feeling sick. (T_T) Oh well I'm getting used to feeling sick anyway. (T_T)

No comments: