Monday, May 09, 2011

SFX

After watching the latest Green Lantern trailer P sent me, I can't stop but wonder. Why am I absolutely not interested in seeing the movie? The trailer itself looks awesome and full of special effects that look so real. However, my quota was already filled. Am I overwhelmed? Maybe. Which brings up the question of "what makes a good movie"? The other recent series I watched was the Madoka Magica anime. Yes, it's also got some "magic" stuff and requires special effects. But it wasn't over-killed. And I wanted to know what happens to the characters. Green Lantern... naaaah. I don't care about any of their characters. Alien invasion, special power, one man's gonna save the earth, throw a girlfriend somewhere in there... boring! If the only selling point of this movie is SFX, I've had enough already just from the trailer. I think they chose the flashiest SFX shots to put in there, thinking that's what people want to see. Wrong! People will only expect more in the theaters.

Finally put L's picture into the frame. The guy at DeSerres left tons of finger prints on the glass. Took me an hour to wipe them off. (I don't have windex at home...) I filled the back with whatever cardboard I found at had. It's a butched job, but it will have to do.

No comments: