Monday, May 16, 2011

Crazy start

One last visit to my chiropractor early afternoon, went home, picked up my carry-on, and took the bus to the train station. NY trip had officially started.

It's been rainy and the walk to the bus stop was tough. Fearing the wheels on my cheap carry-on might break, I had to lift the suitcase off the ground most of the time. 3 blocks away from home I realized that I forgot to bring my watch! Aaaaargh!!! (Ever since my days of pager, I dropped the watch. Knowing I will not be using my cell phone during this trip, of course I didn't bring it.) Oh well, I just have to stick with A all the time. Thought I'd be late but I was actually 40 minutes too early at the train station.

A showed up right on time, and we boarded the train. It was my first time after being here for 20 years to take the train. The interior was a bit old and the air was stale. Although we brought along energy bars etc but we wanted to have the full experience. So we had dinner in the dining car. We bought a salad and sandwich combo... which was cold and looked nothing like the picture on the wall. Very disappointing. Nevertheless it tasted good. Perhaps I was hungry. The sunset view was very nice and we sat in the spacious dining car pretty much until we arrived at Seattle.

It was 10PM so we took a cab to the hotel. It was a very nice place. However, the bed was a bit too soft for me, plus lying down caused me to cough uncontrollably. I couldn't get a good sleep.

No comments: