Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Seattle

A was shocked to find out the hotel has no restaurant or breakfast room. There is, however, a little in-house convenient store that sells coffee and muffins etc. With some instructions, we went outside hunting for breakfast, and ended up eating at a small cafe nearby. A did have a place in mind but it was too late by the time we found it.

Our hotel was near the Space Needle so we walked around the area. Then took the monorail downtown, and a short walk to the Pike's Place Market. Funny... it was kind of crowded even on a Tuesday morning. Lots of crafts vendors. Plenty to look at. The first Starbucks has become a tourist attraction. According to A, that's the only branch left which has the proper machine to make proper coffee. We overestimated our blood sugar level and did not plan our lunch well. Without looking around enough, we ate at the closest fish and chips place and it was very expensive with so-so quality. Oh well!

After lunch, we walked around some more, and rested our legs at another Starbucks in the downtown area. The vanilla herb tea was very nice as the weather was still quite chilly. Took advantage of their free internet and e-mailed M for activity ideas. There was a huge Ross across the street so I couldn't resist to take a look. Got A a shoulder bag for his i-pad, and myself a carry-on. Didn't plan for it, but I guess the fear of my cheap one breaking is always bugging me. When I saw the $30 one, I asked myself if I'll regret it if I don't get it. The answer was yes.

Then we went to the Banana Republic nearby. Very rarely do I find clothes that says bingo. Too bad I couldn't find the sweater on the mannequin before loosing patience, so we proceed to the man's section. A found a few good shirts at good price. Feeling left behind, I went back to the ladies section for that sweater. This time I was determined to at least try it on. Oh boy it started a whole chain reaction. The sales lady was super friendly and helpful. (And very good at making sales!) Not only did she find me the sweater in the correct size (I've been wearing clothes that are too big), she even helped me find items to coordinate with it... they were even on sale! I must have spent over an hour in there. A was patiently giving me comments. He even bought me the pants! Thanks!!! However, in return I must buy that sweater. It was a valuable learning experience and I think the sweater was worth the tuition. (But I must be careful not to over-spend in my unemployed situation.)

When we were finally done, we missed the happy hour. Sorry... (But A also tried on many shirts so we were even. Hehehe...) We ate dinner at an oyster bar call Brooklyn... something. Forgot the name, but it looked quite high class. The scallops were huge! The must have been 2 inches in diameter. (Too bad A hates it when I try to take Pinky pictures, especially in "higher class" places, so I couldn't have enough time to shoot the scallops. That's a potato cake.) Then we got the restaurant to call us a cab to return to the hotel. It was still bright so we came back out to a nearby QFC for food to take on the flight tomorrow.

Again, coughing at bed time. Couldn't sleep. (T_T)

No comments: