Friday, May 13, 2011

Doctor / black Friday

Today is black Friday! Yikes! Thank God I didn't run into anything too bad.

Couldn't sleep much last night, thanks to the coughing again. Plus, I've been coughing so much, my ribs hurt! Can't laugh or cough. Even if I want to cough, I can't! It hurts too much! Can't even laugh! Since 1996, I've always been taking flu shots every year. After learning about the scary stuff they put in vaccines, I decided not to take the shot this year. (Vaccine can contain mercury, preservatives, and all sorts of questionable things.) I've forgotten how ribs can hurt if you cough too much. My whole back is still screwed up. So is my neck. I think they're all related to coughing. Lightning bolt headaches are still here.

Doctor's appointment was booked for 11:00 AM. I was about 5 minutes late when I parked, but the meter was under repair! It was the only meter in the lot and I had to wait until the guy was done. (I was second in line too.) Ended up 15 minutes late. I guess that was my black Friday luck.

Got the prescription drugs. One week of antibiotics and cough syrup cost me $23!!! These better be good. The cough syrup seems to be doing exactly what it should: making me drowsy and soothes the cough a little. It even drys up my nose a little too.

Since I'd be flying soon, the doctor gave me 100ml so I can take it onto the flight. However, the pharmacy gave me 100ml of stuff in a 120ml bottle! That's no good! Custom doesn't care how much you have. If the container is over 100ml, they confiscate it no matter what. The guy managed to find me a 100ml bottle but it's glass. Much more heavier, and doesn't have any measurement marking. I hope this won't course me trouble. (Best scenario is, I'd recover enough and not need to take the cough syrup.

Went to pick up my cheap carry-on from the repair shop. I was surprised they didn't drill through the fabric. Cool! I guess for $25, that is only appropriate. The carry-on only cost 1000 yen, which is about $12? I know, I know, isn't it stupid to pay double to repair such a low quality suitcase? But I just don't want to crate more garbage, and it's still very new and hasn't been used much. To me, it's a good enough solution.

Couldn't resist stopping by DeSerres again. Nope, nothing new. Gotta check again when I come back from my trip.

Went home, ate lunch and a tool dose of drugs. Almost right after, I dosed off at my desk. The nap might helped a little. I felt more... hmm... how should I put it? More at peace?

Then off to niece N's school. Drop her off at sis-in-law. Had an afternoon snack as usual. Next was to drop niece G off at her language school. Things went smooth.

Fearing I might run out of cough drops, I made a trip to LD to buy more. It's for the trip too. Got a chance to check out their $19 carry-on. Almost bought one. Managed to persuade myself not to.

The rest of the evening, I worked on Maya tutorials. Moving at snail speed, though. (T_T)

No comments: