Sunday, May 22, 2011

Metropolitan Museum of Art

It was cloudy and drizzled a bit. We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (Met). It's beyond huge! You can go there every day for a week and still not finish looking. Of course with my sore legs, I only got to see a few things.

We picked armours and musical instruments. Plus a few paintings. (And some on the way to the washroom at the end.) Don't think we even saw 1/10 of the exhibits. (T_T)

My camera was not wide enough so I used A's for almost everything. Some violins and guitars were loaned out to a different exhibit in a different wing. Didn't see that one. Again, I was shooting too many pictures, and didn't read any info. Regretting it so much... (T_T)

Lunch was... a bit of adventure. First attempt, a cafe(?) on the roof. Which turns out to be bogus. They only sell drinks and very little snacks. It was cold up there too. Not a pleasant place to hang out. A tried to shoot a panoramic video but was stopped by the staff. What's so bad about a video??? Second attempt, a cafeteria on the ground floor. It was super busy. There weren't enough seats and the line up was long. We were lucky to find a table pretty fast. (Gotta catch those who are leaving.)

I guess we were both pretty tired and temper flared. A thought the ground floor washrooms were closer and wanted me to use that one, but knowing it stinks like hell, I refused, and went looking for the second floor one. Way-finding was a little difficult but the staff was helpful. (I cannot understand why A is so scared of asking.) That washroom was in much better shape. A went too after I came back.

Stopped by the Guggenheim Museum after the Met closed at 6. Their gift shop was open, but I had no more energy even to check if the museum was still open. Museum gift shops are expensive and items are not very practical, so I haven't bought anything. Chances are, I probably won't have time to go to the MoMA gift shop either. Hope brother doesn't mind fridge magnets. Too much walking every day. Legs hurt. Still coughing at night and couldn't sleep.

Only 2 more tickets left in the city pass. At least evened out the cost at this point.

No comments: