Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Seattle-NY-soaked

Ate part of the food we bought last night as breakfast, and off we went to the airport. Our flight was just before noon. It was super full. Both A and I had separate middle seats. Sucks but couldn't help it. We were close to the tail too. This was the first time I've ever seen a flight running out of orange juice. The plane took off early and managed to arrive late. We couldn't get off for at least 20 minutes after docking. It was stuffy and humid. Not pleasant.

With the time zone difference, it was around 10 PM when we reached NY. It felt really weird that we've lost a whole day. NY... first thing, my carry-on was forced checked-in at the gate because the cabin storage was full. It was free, though. But it came back with a big wet footprint! Someone stood on my brand new suitcase!!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!! (T_T) Second, pouring rain. (T_T) The option of taking transit was out. Taxi cost about $90? Super expensive! But when you're tired from the flight and need to drag luggage in the rain, taxi is the only choice... (Sorry A... these all add up...)

Our hotel was one of those "suites" with a kitchen. No restaurant but a convenient store. So, after we checked in, we went to a nearby supermarket for grocery. The rain stopped but we didn't feel comfortable leaving our umbrellas. And... bingo! When we were done with 4 arms of full bags at midnight closing time, the rain came again, with vengeance! Normally I would have waited a bit, but (1) I must be really tired with a non-functioning brain. (2) The store was closed so we would have to wait on the street anyway. (3) A started walking so I fallowed. The rain was so heavy, it felt like a storm. The drains were clogging and street corners were flooding. The 15-minute walk took forever and felt like Armageddon. When we finally got back, both of us were soaked form shoulder down. (T_T)

It was too late for laundry. (The hotel has a free laundry room.) So we only showered and slept. My cough wouldn't leave me alone. Sorry A, for keeping you up... or did I? I kept hearing you snore. I also watched the sky turning bright. Couldn't get much sleep again. (T_T)

No comments: