Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cruise / Intrepid

Today was the reverse of yesterday. Started sunny but rained in the evening. We managed to avoid most of it, although it was cold-hot-cold-hot... very difficult to adjust.

It was a good day to take the Circle Line cruse to see the statute of liberty from the river. (The most expensive attraction in the City Pass.) Lineup was still bad even with the pass thanks to a group of stupid women who couldn't decide which cruse to take, and held up the whole line for 20 minutes. (We took the 2-hour one.) There was only one window for public and one for passes. Sigh... Thought we'd miss the 11:15 sailing and had to wait till 3:30. Luckily we made it. The staff probably saw the situation and waited a little.

The sun being so strong all of a sudden, A forgot his shades. Got him an emergency NY cap, also good as souvenir. This cruise was the best attraction so far. Perhaps because I got to rest my legs! Shot lots of pictures and my camera battery died soon after we landed. I regret so much not to shoot movies. (T_T)

After that, the Intrepid Sea Air and Space museum right next door. This one was not included in the pass. Went to see the submarine first, and then lunch at their cafe. Again, not enough energy and didn't see everything. If we went a month later, we'd be able to see the retired space shuttle. Not that I'm a fan, but it adds value to the admission fee. This whole military museum feels to me like a big U.S. patriotic propaganda to their own people.

On our way out, I stopped in front of a token machine to take a look... and something dripped onto my right shoulder! As I was startled, a uniformed staff came to me and said "oh you got dripped on too?". Yes, he apologized, but did not give me anything to wipe off the brown liquid. Instead, he instructed me to go to the washroom to wash it out. The washroom only has air dryer and does not have paper towels. I was mad. I've only worn that shirt 2 or 3 times. I went back and see if he would help me in other ways. He was very reluctant to even tell me what that liquid was. #%*&!!!!! I was really, really mad. But what could I do? Nothing!!!!!!

That night I did massive laundry. Most of the stain was washed off, but if you look closely, you can still see it. (T_T) I'm very, very unhappy about it.

Dinner at a nearby pub? bar? The sandwich was very good. Again, coughing and couldn't sleep.

No comments: